4 years ago -
- A design pattern developed at Facebook to keep data flowing in one direction (unidirectional data flow)
- An alternative to MVC
- Provides a way to provide data that React will use to create the UI
- Store: In flux, application state data in managed outside of React components in stores.
- Store holds and change data
- Stores are the only thing that can update a view in Flux
- An action provides the instructions and data required to make a change.
- Actions are dispatched using a central control component called dispatcher.
- The dispatcher is designed to queue up actions and dispatch them to the appropriate store.
- Every change requires an action.
- Action creators are functions that can be used to abstract away the nitty-gritty details required to build an action.
- Actions are object that at minimum contain a type field
- Dispatcher takes an action, packages it with some information and send it on to the appropriate store.
Structure and Data Flow https://facebook.github.io/flux/docs/in-depth-overview/